On the Windows 7 machines in the lab Eclipse will not initially know where to locate the Android SDK libraries even though the Android Eclipse plug-in is installed. This is a user-specific setting, so each user must set this in order for Eclipse to find the Android SDK.
To activate the Android plug-in in Eclipse:
- open help-Install New Software
- click on “Add” to add new sources, and add the following two sources:
- Next, chose to work with all available sites,
- select Developer Tools and all of the android plug-ins contained within,
- and then hit next to install.
Part of the android plug-in install will ask you for an SDK location. Choose to locate it on the hard drive, and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk..